Friday 22 April 2011

Painting a sunny villa in Antibes

 This villa in Antibes was sold by Christopher Davenport of Riviera Home Finders - and he commissioned me for a painting to offer to his clients... I worked from pictures that he sent me, I loved the house - and initially chose this viewpoint:
But Chris suggested the one with the great reflection in the pool, and he was right!

I added oleanders  in the foreground - to enhance the overall composition...

The shadow makes it a sunny picture in this stage - an effect that will be slightly less as soon as you give the house its colour - because the contrast is less strong:

- by exaggerating the shadows, the bright, South-French sun comes back...

It was such fun to do... and Chris tells me the clients were very happy with it...

1 comment: